Monday, January 22, 2007

Surviving in the Late of Night

At 11 PM I'm finally calling it a day. One day last week I started at 6 AM with a phone call from an evaluator. I always said I didn't want a 9-5 job. I suppose that an observer might chide "Be careful what you wish for", but all in all I'm enjoying what I do. And next time I'll have a few tricks stored away so that I don't have to be up quite so late and can take time out for a beer and a book instead. Thus far, the trip is going well. It fell apart immediately with numerous flight cancellations and delays, but I've been able to keep it together. Unlike the ice and snow and falling cats in the rest of the country, Florida is a gorgeous 75 degrees--a nice thought as DC starts its annual winter shutdown. My group seems happy with the restaurants I've chosen and the Florida weather, which helps the visit go so much smoother than if I had taken them to the Olive Garden in a Fort Wayne blizzard. That's for February.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are you "flying solo" now? Answering technical questions and finding restaurants to take the team, etc.

Jefferysan said...

No, my esteemed mentor Loren is overseeing me and I couldn't do it without her. It's one of those situations where people ask me a question, I look it up, can't find it, then ask Loren. But I'm learning a lot from the process because she's good about making sure I'm doing the work and she's just observing. In terms of restaurants, I'm doing all that on my own and have had glowing reviews thus far. I'll put out a Top Ten list of restaurants on the blog pretty soon here. Lakeland is very nice and we've been able to find fairly good restaurants. It helps that the weather is nice because everyone is in a good mood. By the way, Lakeland is home of the Detroit Tigers during spring training.